The Voyager program invites students to learn more about marine science on a four-hour journey on the Pacific ocean. Students will observe and examine sea creatures collected in mud samples and trawling nets. They are taught to measure various elements of oceanography; including tides, wind speed, and water clarity*.
*Evening trips omit water color and clarity sampling, but include a lesson on bio-luminescence.
Ages: All Ages Welcome (K – 12, High School, College)
Duration: 4 hours
Availablilty: November through May – Monday – Friday (ask about special weekend trips) – 0830-1230, 1300-1700, 1730-2130
- Animal collection (trawling)
- Animal identification and education
- Plankton sampling and viewing
- Mud sampling Physical oceanography (wind speed, direction, tide, water temperature, depth, color & clarity)
- Sea lion observance
What to Bring:
- Closed toe shoes are MANDATORY
- Dress in layers (beanies, sweatshirts, etc)
- Spending money for snacks onboard